The number of women employed in the international space industry represents around 20% of the workforce, roughly the same proportion as 30 years ago. Space for women means strengthened awareness, capacity, and skills, empowering young women and girls globally and promoting gender equality. This session will aim to identifying the obstacles that women are facing when entering space-related careers and contribute to discussions on ending disparities.
The roundtable discussion to promote the women engagement in the space sector as a profession will feature the following speakers:
1. Catherine Kavvada, Director DG DEFIS
2. Pascale Erhenfreund, President of the International Astronautical Federation IAF
3. Luisella Giulicchi, President of Women in Aerospace
4. Viola Otieno, President of the Women in GMES & Africa Group and EO Expert at the IGAD Climate Prediction and Applications Centre (ICPAC) (tbc pending on travel costs)
5. Inna Ouvarova, SAB Aerospace Strategic Director
6. Petr Kapoun, CEO at TRL Space, Chairman of the Brno Space Cluster